Saturday 5 July 2014

MIRROR MIRROR

When I look into the mirror,
I see a girl,
Smiling back at me. 
With a hope in her eyes, she beholds the dream of a new world.
Where there would be no barriers, no limitations and no differences. 
Envisaging a world yet to be born!

When I look into the mirror,
I see a Superhero.
Waiting to discover his powers. Wanting to unleash them and make us rid of the
mistakes made by the owners of authority.
Waiting to correct the wrong and make it right. With a little chutzpah, being stupid but being the hero we all need!

When I look into the mirror,
I see my life.
A vision which excites me and gives me a strange pleasure.
I see people around me. Those who I see my life with.
Those with whom I share memories of laughter and sorrow. Of joy and despair.

When I look into the mirror,
I see myself.
A crazy woman with more than a thousand questions in her head.
Naïve inquisitiveness about everything that is happening around. A very strange desire for change and a need for inspiration.

When I look into the mirror,
I see a world.
Unseen by many. 
I say this because that is my imagination. My space.
A place where there is no place for being discontent.
A place where you can run wild and carefree.

When I look into the mirror,
I see this all.
And I see a dream for all of it to become true.


Written for Project 365.
Guest Author's Prompt; 'Mirror Mirror'.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poem, though I am not a reader much.
    Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this post very beautiful. With a rhythm of its own, without a rhyme scheme.
    It is as if you were talking to yourself sitting in front of your dressing table, and we the readers are eavesdropping, watching you. Particularly liked this - "I say this because that is my imagination. My space.
    A place where there is no place for being discontent.
    A place where you can run wild and carefree".
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D
      I was really afraid after I wrote this as I was worried whether people will like it or not.
      But coming from you I think I really have written well.
      :D

      Delete
  4. Wow! I am always in awe of people who can weave poetry with their words. And now , you have joined that list too. By the way, when I look at the mirror - I just see an old crazy man staring at me. Wonder how he got in there :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be your Godfather! Wondering how did he manage to create such an awesome piece! :P

    I always feel proud of myself to be in any of your 'lists'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A true to life reflection about life, society we live in..the mirror is the gateway to peek inside and know the real self.
    Cheerz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading it very much. I am not a poetry fan but then it is not the typical poetry. There is no rhyme yet the lines fall in place one after the other.

    -Jas

    ReplyDelete